Search Papers On This Blog. Just Write The Name Of The Course

Sunday 24 August 2014

))))Vu & Company(((( Working with a Music School vs. Teaching for Myself - What about rates?

I've recently moved to a new geographic area and I've been considering working with established music schools until I'm more familiar with the area, rather than struggle to advertise to a new student base. My question is, how do you deal with the varying rates charged by other companies? Should I be concerned that my previous private teaching rate is different from the rate charged by the music school, and that I may be stuck with a rate I'm not comfortable in my attempt to teach in a new area?
 
Groups
 
Music Teaching
Trending discussions in:
Music Teaching
Allen Paul Working with a Music School vs. Teaching for Myself - What about rates?
Allen Paul
I've recently moved to a new geographic area and I've been considering working with established...
View Discussion
Allen Paul
Allen Paul
Thank you for the feedback! I do recognize how the median...
Contribute to active discussions
4 new comments
Andrea Petersen Does anyone have advice regarding how to show music organizations or adults that I am very capable to teach what I am teaching? I am often questioned or doubted because I am young (age 20).
Andrea Petersen
1 new comment
Cyndi Shi Is 3 years old too young to start piano lesson???
Cyndi Shi
Hello fellow teachers! What are you thoughts on teaching a 3-year-old piano? Have you taught a 3-year-old piano (or other instruments) before? If you haven't, will you ever teach a student that...
1 new comment
Craig Harmann I am looking at starting a music academy at my church for lessons. It will more than likely include other instructors. Do any of you have experience or input?
Craig Harmann
1 new comment
Carla Louro Hi. I would like your opinion on music exams.
Carla Louro
I have a student who has done Piano grade 3 with ABRSM. He did well, but he didn't like playing the scales very much. I was told by another teacher for the piano exams with Trinity, you can choose a...
8 new comments
Angela Gold Expanding school music program to include instruments
Angela Gold
I am curious how long it would take to learn to teach xylophone/glockenspiel to a class of students (likely 3rd grade and above)? I originally trained as an art teacher, and I'm a self-taught...
See more at LinkedIn
You are receiving Groups Digest emails. Unsubscribe
This email was intended for Muhammad Ali Khan (--Teacher). Learn why we included this.
©2014 LinkedIn Ireland, Gardner House, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment